by Ann Galyean
This quick and easy dish is great before and after workouts when you want all the carbs and protein to fuel up for a big day or recover from one without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 100 grams egg whites
- 1 serving Recovery Protein
- 100 grams berries or other fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Cook oats in water on a stovetop. Stir in 100 grams egg whites midway through cooking until oatmeal is fluffy (I promise you won't taste them).
- Add one serving of Recovery Protein and stir thoroughly.
- Top with 100 grams berries (or fruit of choice), 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds.
Total for recipe: 568 calories, 44 grams protein, 61 grams carbohydrate, and 17 grams fat.
Don't worry if this recipe is more than you want at one time. Leftovers are easily stored in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave.