Today's recipe was submitted by Heidi Coulter.
"Hold on to your pants! This is really good and just in time for fresh picked apples. It's wholesome, vegan, and gluten free and doesn't have any over-processed junk!
Ingredients - Filling
- 6 medium to large apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
Ingredients - Topping
- 4 scoops Beta Red
- 1/2 C chopped pitted dates
- 1 banana
- 1/2 C oatmeal
- 1/4 C water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" x 8" pan with coconut oil.
- Chop 6 apples, leaving peels on, and mix with cinnamon and lemon juice and set aside. (This is the filling.)
- Mix Beta Red, dates and oatmeal in blender until oatmeal is finely ground. Then add water and banana blend until smooth. (This is the Topping.)
- Put filling in greased pan and then pour topping on top.
- Bake 45 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Makes 6 servings at 190 calories each with 43g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 1g fat, and 34g sodium.
We're looking forward to trying this with Greek yogurt topping (for protein) as a post-workout refueling treat.
Please let us know how it turns out for you.
Leave a comment