Today's recipe was submitted by Heidi Coulter.
Ingredients - Filling
- 6 medium to large apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
Ingredients - Topping
- 4 scoops Beta Red
- 1/2 C chopped pitted dates
- 1 banana
- 1/2 C oatmeal
- 1/4 C water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" x 8" pan with coconut oil.
- Chop 6 apples, leaving peels on, and mix with cinnamon and lemon juice and set aside. (This is the filling.)
- Mix Beta Red, dates and oatmeal in blender until oatmeal is finely ground. Then add water and banana blend until smooth. (This is the Topping.)
- Put filling in greased pan and then pour topping on top.
- Bake 45 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Makes 6 servings at 190 calories each with 43g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 1g fat, and 34g sodium.
We're looking forward to trying this with Greek yogurt topping (for protein) as a post-workout refueling treat.
Please let us know how it turns out for you.