Beta Red Lemon Loaf Recipe
This easy-to-prepare recipe comes from Carrie Dittmer and makes a tasty pre-workout treat. It's also perfect for those long mountain bike rides when it's nice to have some nutritional variety in your pack.
2 scoops of Beta Red (Original flavor was used here, but Orange would be great as well)
1/4 cup sugar (Simple Truth organic sugar)
1/8 cup unsalted grass-fed butter softened (Kerrygold)
1/8 cup coconut oil softened
3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp lemon extract
2 cups flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease two 1.5-qt loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and Beta Red.
- Beat sugar, butter, coconut oil, and eggs in small bowl until well blended.
- Add milk, lemon extract, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until it is just moistened and fold in the
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
The most important steps: enjoy and go ride your bike!
Virgin Coconut Oil
One of Enduro Bites’ Best-Kept Secrets Once thought “unhealthy,” due to ...
Brian's Peanut Butter Banana Surpise
Brian shares his Peanut Butter Banana Surprise. It’s perfect for getting...
Cyclocross Training 101 with Daniel Matheny
by Daniel Matheny Cyclocross season is here! If you aren’t a diehard c...
Outerbike and Beyond
I'm sitting here in Colorado looking at fresh snow on the ground as I'm ...