Beta Red Lemon Loaf Recipe
This easy-to-prepare recipe comes from Carrie Dittmer and makes a tasty pre-workout treat. It's also perfect for those long mountain bike rides when it's nice to have some nutritional variety in your pack.
2 scoops of Beta Red (Original flavor was used here, but Orange would be great as well)
1/4 cup sugar (Simple Truth organic sugar)
1/8 cup unsalted grass-fed butter softened (Kerrygold)
1/8 cup coconut oil softened
3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp lemon extract
2 cups flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease two 1.5-qt loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and Beta Red.
- Beat sugar, butter, coconut oil, and eggs in small bowl until well blended.
- Add milk, lemon extract, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until it is just moistened and fold in the
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
The most important steps: enjoy and go ride your bike!
Colorado Climbing Camp By Haute Route Ambassadors
I got a last-minute invitation to ride the recent Colorado Climbing Camp...
All the Games!
Enduro Bites Ambassador Branden Rakita participated in the Ultimate Moun...
By Brian Maslach I Must be in Emporia! I made the drive to Emporia, Kan...
Because Who Doesn't Like Treats?
by Brian Maslach We tend to be pretty serious about nutrition around he...