by Amity Warme
This creamy, date-sweetened chocolate pudding will satisfy your sweet tooth while providing healthy fats, protein, fiber, and minerals. Chia seeds have long been touted as a nutritional powerhouse and were a staple in ancient Aztec and Mesoamerican cultures. Research indicates that chia seeds support bone health, improve blood sugar control, promote gut health, and reduce inflammation. Enjoy this simple and nutritious chia seed pudding for breakfast, dessert, or a post-training recovery snack!
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice (soy, almond, coconut, cashew)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 6-10 pitted dates (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 scoop Enduro Bites Recovery Protein Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the milk and chia seeds. Set aside until the mixture forms a gel or about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sure your dates are fresh and soft. If not, soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes, then drain before using.
- Once chia seeds and dates are ready, combine all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill if desired or serve in individual portions topped with berries, pumpkin seeds, or other garnishes as desired.