We've posted a few recipes utilizing Beta Red, but this one from Erin Weber is a favorite. The addition of protein makes it a great post-workout recovery meal after a strenuous workout.
by Erin Weber
Here is my pancake recipe using Beta Red Pre-Performance Workout Formula.
Beta Red Protein Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup packed fine blanched almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, melted coconut oil. or melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup or coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 scoop of Beta Red Original Flavor
- 1/2 scoop of Recovery Protein
- Vanilla extract
- Bananas or blueberries
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, and maple syrup until smooth and well combined.
- Add in almond flour, baking soda, Beta Red, Recovery Protein Powder, and pinch of salt.
- Add in blueberries or bananas.
- Pour batter onto a nonstick skillet and cook until edges are golden brown, with a hint of pink!
- Dress your pancakes with butter, syrup, and/or more berries as you please and enjoy!
And while this is a pancake recipe, it also works well in a waffle iron. Now let the debate begin - Beta Red Protein Pancakes or Waffles?
Leave a comment