Butternut and Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
This week, Emanuela Bandol (@emstersweet) returns with another quick and yummy recipe – Butternut and Acorn Squash Soup. This one took her less than 40 minutes to make (not including the time it took to roast the squash). If you missed it, also be sure to check out her beet root falafel balls & lettuce wrap recipe.
500 ml of broth (any broth)
1 Tbs turmeric
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 Tbs cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
1 can coconut milk
3 Tbs Greek Yogurt
Handful of cashews
1 tsp lemon juice and lemon zest
1) Roast the squash at 350°F for 90 minutes (ride your bike trainer or go for a run while the squash roasts)
2) Sauté onions with spices in bottom of a pot for 4 minutes
3) Add broth
4) Cube squash and add it to the pot
5) Add bay leaves
6) Bring to boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes
7) Take the pot off the heat and then add coconut milk
8) Purée in food processor to desired consistency.
9 ) Plate and then top with Greek yogurt, cashews, cilantro, lemon zest and lemon juice
10 ) Enjoy!!!
Quick Tips for Improving Cyclocross Performance
by Brian Maslach Summer is officially over and cyclocross season is her...
Where Did Summer Go?
Late spring of last year I realized I had gotten spoiled by living in Co...
Kitchen Sink Power Salad
Today we bring you another recipe from our contributor Emanuela Bandol! ...
Pikes Peak Marathon & Ascent
This past weekend we once again participated in the Pikes Peak Ascent an...