This Morning Harvest Muffin recipe comes from Crystal Anthony who's at Snowshoe Mountain, West Virginia for USA Cycling's Mountain Bike National Championships.
This is one of my favorite pre-ride snacks, although they are good any time of day. These muffins have a serving of veggies, healthy carbs, and healthy fats. The coconut and coconut oil make them satiating as well.
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed to get as much water out as possible)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple or apple
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins and/or chopped nuts
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pan with 12 muffin cups.
Combine all wet ingredients together. Combine all dry ingredients together. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, folding carefully just until combined.
Pour evenly into lined muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes. Time will vary depending on how moist your batter ended up and your oven. Muffins are ready when slightly brown on top and just firm to the touch.